An East Coast automotive parts manufacturer had been using a traditional method to clean their CNC machines. It required one person to spend 6 hours cleaning one machine tool. The cost of labor was $20 per hour and the typical machine burden rate was $150 per hour, per machine. The company cleaned 8 machines per month using this method.
The company sought a more efficient and cost-effective solution to clean their CNC machines.
Chem Arrow’s local area manager and distributor introduced this customer to ArrowClean 25020, a cleaning solution that has been proven to clean machines faster and better. After using ArrowClean 25020, the company found it only took 2.5 hours to clean a machine tool, as compared to 6 hours using their old method. Furthermore, the machine cleaned with ArrowClean 25020 was substantially cleaner than the ones cleaned with the traditional method.
- Monthly savings from reduced burden rate:
- Total of 28 hours less cleaning time per month x $150 (burden rate per hour) =
- $4,200 total savings from reduced burden rate per month
- Monthly savings from reduced labor:
- $70 (labor cost savings per machine) x 8 machines cleaned per month =
- $560 savings per month
Total annual savings:
The total cost savings from switching to ArrowClean 25020 were $4,200 + $560 = $4,760 per month or $57,120 cost savings per year
- Reduced machine cleaning time
- Reduced machine burden rate & labor cost
- Improved machine cleanliness
Total savings of $57,120 per year
By switching to Arrow Clean 25020, the manufacturing company was able to reduce their cleaning time, burden rate and labor cost related to machine cleaning. They improved the quality of their machine cleaning and saved $4,760 per month in cleaning costs. This case study demonstrates the benefits of using an efficient and effective cleaning solution, such as ArrowClean 25020, for manufacturing processes.